As a skilled software engineer with expertise in distributed systems design and implementation and scalability, I have contributed to both commercial and open-source projects. My experience in designing and deploying cloud-native architectures, particularly in big data environments, has been invaluable in helping organizations achieve their engineering goals.
My track record of delivering successful projects and technical leadership have made me a valuable asset to teams. I possess expertise in distributed systems, systems engineering, networking, virtualisation, operating systems, performance, concurrency and functional programming.
DevOps Consultant (November 2020 - Present)
Co-designed and implemented large-scale distributed stream processing systems for data engineering platform, collaborating with customer to ensure solution met business needs and delivered exceptional performance.
Played key role in Kubernetes-based PaaS solution for large enterprise customer, overseeing engineers and delivering widely adopted project. Participated in technical architecture and design and mentoring junior team members.
Senior Software Engineer (August 2019 - November 2020)
- Designed and implemented a distributed system on top of Kubernetes, leading multiple customer teams in migrating from monolithic to microservices architecture. Provided technical leadership and guidance to ensure a scalable, efficient system met the customer’s business needs.
Software Engineer (June 2017 - August 2019)
Designed and implemented a comprehensive test automation management software for embedded devices, significantly reducing customer manual labor, which streamlined testing and debugging, resulting in significant time and resource savings for the customer.
Co-designed and implemented an RPA platform delivering RPA tasks as a service across various premises (bare-metal, cloud) to different applications, whether running in-browser or natively on desktops (locally or remotely). Leveraged technical expertise to provide exceptional performance and value to the customer.
- terraform-provider-azurerm - Implemented various features, including allowing to create AKS node public IP directly in the AKS’ agent pool profile.
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS
Information Security: eBPF, SSH, SSL, TLS, x509 Certificate Management and PKIs, asymmetric and symmetric key cryptography, PGP, authN/authZ, Kerberos (krb5), HSM, TPM
OS: Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, macOS, Plan9
Databases: PostgreSQL, Prometheus, SQLite, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL/MariaDB, InfluxDB, Neo4j, CockroachDB
Cloud: Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, GCP
Big Data: Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop
AI: TensorFlow, KubeFlow, PyTorch
Audio: DAW (Logic Pro, Ableton, Pro Tools), VST2/VST3, AU, AAX, JUCE, MAX, ASIO, LV2
Visual: TouchDesigner, openFrameworks, Cinder
Languages: Finnish (native), English (fluent), German (limited working proficiency), Swedish (basic), French (basic)
Bachelor’s degree, Information Technology, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences - Helsinki, Finland (2017-2020)
- Emphasis on software engineering and security. I was able to find a job in my first year of university. Fortunately, due to this working experience, I was able to audit majority of my studies which allowed me to graduate year before expected.
- Vänrikki/Second Lieutanant, Combat Engineer Platoon Leader (2015)
- 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year